Monday, September 29, 2008

Taking Communication for Granted (Ch 4)

I have always been working for high tech companies. So, it is difficult for me to detach myself enough to analyze the environment in which I am working. However, when I invite a friend to visit me at work I always manage to get a glimpse of my environment though their eyes. Their comments and the things they notice are very interesting to me and clearly reveal what I have been taking for granted. For example, a few months ago, one of my friend who is a lawyer visited my office and what surprise to see all the electronics I had in my office such as a large monitor, a couple of laptops and a printer and the lack of books. I realize then that these objects are considered “normal” objects in a high tech environment in law firm offices.

No comments: